Tuesday, April 26, 2016

37 Days of Confidence

I have struggled with body confidence my entire life.  Even at my leanest, I felt like my flaws were magnified.  In today's media environment when we are surrounded by pictures of models and celebrities, inundated with fad diets and magic pills, and covered over with the "keeping up with the Joneses" concept, it is easy to feel like we don't measure up. Whether we think we're too fat, too skinny, too hairy, too bald, or what have you, we're daily wishing we had what someone else has got.

While doing my last project, 37 Days of Gifts, I noticed when I interacted with people that I avoided eye contact and spent a lot of time walking with my head down.  When someone attractive smiled at me, my normal response was to blush and look away, or worse, give them a "deer in the headlights" look.  I wonder how many times I've given off a bad first impression just with my unconfident body language.

So my next project is 37 Days of Confidence.  My goal for the next 37 days is to focus on things I like about myself, and concentrate on improving my posture and projecting a more confident aura.  Other people are attracted to confidence, and a positive attitude gives off good vibes.  If the theory "be what you want to attract" holds true, then perhaps I'll find myself more in the company of confident, positive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment