Friday, June 10, 2016

The Law of Attraction

The Law of Attraction is a basic universal truth that "like attracts like", or as I like to put it, "be what you want to attract".  As humans, we have the ability to attract both positive and negative forces into our lives, but sometimes we get so caught up in the moment that we don't even realize things are happening. 

During the years that I was married, I felt like I was stuck in an endless tunnel; I wasn't happy with my spouse, and in turn, it created unhappiness in the rest of my life -- I was unhappy in my job, unhappy with my house, angry, irritable, resentful, judgmental and always finding fault with something.  For a person who is naturally an optimist, it was a toxic environment. I felt like that tunnel had no end and that I would always be stuck there in the dark with my blanket of negativity.  One day though, a thought opened a door at the end of the tunnel and a little pinprick of light appeared.  The more I began to follow that thought, the brighter the light got until I eventually found myself bathed in light and positivity.

Looking back on those years, I can see how all of my negativity pulled more negativity towards me like a magnet. Conversely, since starting over and changing my thought patterns, positive things have happened in ways I could never have expected; things like receiving a windfall of money right when I needed one, or an unexpected bit of kindness. Some people might call that karma, and perhaps that has something to do with it, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I have worked hard towards dispelling the negativity that plagued me for so long and have worked equally hard to replace that negativity with positive thoughts.

I can see now how just thinking positive thoughts leads me to project more positivity outwards and how that projection of feelings draws more positive people towards me. I can more easily handle setbacks and criticism and rarely get or stay angry. I can handle conflicts better with more grace and dignity and my confidence has taken off like a jet.  I do still get down and depressed, just like I used to, but now it happens less often and doesn't hang around as long as it did before.  Being more positive has opened my mind to new possibilities and theories that before I would have easily dismissed.

Now that I have moved out of that tunnel, it seems more imperative than ever to me to surround myself with people who are also positive thinkers.  I had to take a long hard look at who I was associating myself with and ended some relationships with people who had the potential to drag me back down to the dark. When I meet new people, I've noticed that I spend less time thinking about their looks and more time reading their personality and aura to see if that is someone with whom I might be compatible.

The Law of Attraction is a very real thing with very real benefits.  I encourage you to look it up and apply it to your own life.



No comments:

Post a Comment