Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Under Construction

This was my horoscope today, which got me thinking:

"A major opportunity to improve your home becomes apparent right now. You'll be considering new home improvements, renovations and upgrades. What you may not realize at first is that some things have to be torn down before they can be rebuilt. It's a big job."

The next to last line, "some things have to be torn down before they can be rebuilt", especially spoke to my heart. My life is undergoing major renovations right now. When I walked away from a toxic marriage, it was like knocking down interior walls. The outside walls are still intact, but big changes are going on inside. There's still a lot of work to be done before the exterior walls of my heart can come down; what was demolished inside first has to be repaired.

There's a lot of healing and forgiveness that still needs to take place to repair the wounds to my heart. There are deep seated fears that need to be conquered and trust issues that need to be resolved. Just like with a major home improvement project, things take time and there are always hiccups along the way; hidden problems that don't become apparent until another layer is removed.
In the end though, when everything is said and done, my life will be something of beauty and fortitude. Just pardon my dust though- I'm under construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment